Vacancy: Junior Program Coordinator
Do you want to help put the unlock_ Incubation Program even more on the map? And does it appeal to you to do so at a fast-growing startup hub? Then you are exactly who we are looking for! We offer you the space to contribute to the realization of our ambitions, and give you the opportunity to develop yourself further.
unlock_ and the unlock_ Incubation Program
unlock_ is the first incubator in the Netherlands focusing specifically on supporting life science- and biotechnology startups during the first steps of their companies’ development. At unlock_, we believe in creating a tight-knit community of program cohorts, that share every step of becoming successful biotech entrepreneurs. Hence, unlock_ will join the existing Leiden entrepreneurship hub, PLNT Leiden center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
The unlock_ Incubation Program is the flagship program of unlock_. During this 12-month program, a pre-selected group up to 10 life science & health and biotechnology startups are supported in raising funds, building their team, building their startups, and signing their first (paid) pilots. The program consists of a planned component (onboarding – 3 months) and a tailor-made part (9 months). Previously, participants in this program have raised €2,5 Million in funds, expanded their teams with more than 10 FTE and signed their first deals.
About the function
As Junior Program Coordinator, you will be part of an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial PLNT Leiden team that supports Life Science & Health and Biotech entrepreneurs in the region of Leiden, along their startup lifecycle. In this position, you will primarily support founders with a proven technology, in their journey to becoming “economically active”. You will do this by coordinating the unlock_ Incubation Program and various events catered to the needs of the startups in the unlock_ community, as they move through the complicated life science sector, towards a clear product vision, target audience, and MVP.
Within this role there are ample growth opportunities to more senior Program Manager positions and the development of other support programs and projects with associated responsibilities.
General responsibilities for the unlock_ Incubation Program
- Be the friendly face and primary point of contact for our founders and partners of the program.
- You will have the lead responsibility for the proper planning and execution of the program (over the 12-month period), meaning you will own all processes and components within the unlock_ Incubation Program. In doing so, you will develop and maintain formal process/project documentation for long-term sustainable success.
- Capture needs of the participants in the unlock_ Incubation Program and (together with the Senior Program Manager) translate these into dedicated training events. I.e. deep-dives, fireside chats, Show Me The Money and other life science-related events.
- Deliver input to the marketing manager in creating and executing the market strategy and for unlock_ communications.
- Coordinate with the Senior Program Manager about further developments in the program.
- Coordinate with Project Assistants for support on the administrative tasks surrounding the program.
- Collect data and information, use analytics and reporting skills to provide transparency to senior leadership and executives about program metrics and impacts
- Support and coordinate with the Program Managers of the activation & pre-incubation stage programs to maintain the alignment of the programs.
- Identify overarching needs and opportunities together with the Program Managers of the activation & pre-incubation stage programs.
- Socialize programs internally and externally to stakeholders and customers, including building slideshows and other written/spoken content.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a dedicated, disciplined, professional who excels in both a team environment and as a self-motivated individual contributor.
- have a good command of the English language, both in speech and in writing;
- have at least 3 years of Program, Project or Process Management experience, preferably in the Life Science and Health sector;
- have excellent organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to change within an evolving environment;
- have the ability to build internal processes to increase the scalability of the program;
- have interpersonal skills to interact with entrepreneurs in the program and the unlock_ community;
- can capture program participants’ needs and translate these into actionable interventions with our partners.
- a Master’s degree in Life Sciences and Health;
- experience in working with MIRO, Notion or other relevant project support platforms;
- an understanding of the coordination and management of early-stage incubator programs, preferably with knowledge of the Dutch, European and Global biotech entrepreneurial environment;
- a good command of the Dutch language, both in speech and writing.
Offer of employment
PLNT offers you a challenging position within a fast-growing company. At PLNT, you will have the opportunity to work from the most innovative work places in Leiden and network with the most interesting entrepreneurs in the country. This employment as a Junior Program Coordinator will be for the duration of 1 year with the prospect of extension upon good performance. We offer you a gross salary between €2.900,- and €4.500,- based on full-time (40 hours), depending on your experience. We also offer you a good retirement plan and the possibility of an additional annual bonus of 8% of your annual salary. Furthermore, we offer 30 vacation days per year.
Join our team
Are you motivated to join our mission to become the best life science- and biotechnology incubator of Europe? Please send us your motivation letter and CV before January 22, 2023 via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like more information about the role, please contact Ruben Habraken at +31 (0)6 53908761 or Stéfan Ellenbroek at +31 6 10705608.